The 3rd Happy Heads event is happening next week on Saturday 13th of July in Croydon. The event is for anyone who has been through or is going through mental health struggles and for those who want to learn about how to prevent illness and support recovery. Family and friends of those with mental health issues are welcome too. The OpenMinds team are looking forward to it and hope to see you there.
About Happy Heads:
Happy Heads is an annual event with the aim to promote better understanding and self-care of mental health. Happy Heads started 3 years ago with a small team who had personal experience of mental health problems. The Happy Heads team are passionate about helping others understand more about mental health and how to better manage it. Since then the Happy Heads team and event continues to grow and is an event not to be missed.
What you can expect:
There is a full programme of talks, live dance and music performances and a range of actives and workshops to choose from including exercise classes and manicures. It is a very friendly and welcoming environment, the Happy Heads team on hand to greet you and tell you more about programme. Once you have checked in with the Happy Heads team, I recommend booking some appointment slots for some of the actives, including the pamper room as these are very popular.
- Motivational talks and recovery stories – hear from guest speaker, Jonny Benjamin MBE, author, campaigner & founder of mental health foundation, Beyond Shame Beyond Stigma
- Exercise classes – from Whoop (dance fitness) and Pound (keep fit using sticks)
- Live art to inspire, the creative area where people are free to paint, draw and do crafts. Exploring acceptance of who they are.
- Singing and dance performances.
- A pamper room for relaxing treatments – from manicure to massages.
- An emotional support team for guests who require any help and support throughout the day.
- A faith corner for reflection and uplifting, based on guests chosen beliefs
- A photo booth for fun with friends and family.
- Networking opportunities to meet new people.
- exhibition space, a great chance to find out more about different metal health organisations and what they offer. Do come and find the OpenMinds stand and say hello.
- A chance to find out about joining community clubs.
- Snacks and refreshments.
When: Saturday 13 July 2019 – 2pm – 6pm
Where: New Life Croydon, 5 Cairo New Road, Croydon, Surrey, CR0 1XP
Age Limit: No under 16’s are allowed, due to presentation content. It is a therapeutic event for Adults and not appropriate for children.
Ticket: Register for a free ticket
Register for your Free Ticket
Embrace your potential
We recognise that we all have hidden strengths we are yet to discover therefore reaching our potential is something we have to work at every day.